Monday 8 August 2011

TCA's 2011

So, I was reading on twitter a lot of the comments about the Teen Choice awards last night, and I wonder why some people think they are so horrible?  Is it because their own choices were not winning?  Because they don't respect teen's choices?  I read an interesting article comparing the 'Twihards' to the 'Trekkies' - and how it's okay to be a Trekkie because there are a lot of males, but Twihards get a bad rap because they are teens and females - but they are essentially the same thing! The inequality astounds me!  ( Imma gonna try to find that article again - was interesting) I kind of enjoyed the TCA's - it's a lighthearted show that doesn't take itself too seriously and  is fun to watch - the speeches were more fun( from Ashton's singing Teenage Dream to Rob speech supporting Cancer Bites)  I didn't think all the musical acts were terrible ( like a lot of twitterers did) - did they expect perfection from a live show? Do they ever go to live concerts? Do they prefer lip syncing? I don't...

Here's a full list of the winners: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Teen-Choice-Awards-Winners-1036207.aspx

Now I have to say, it's been a bit of time since I was a teen(AHEM) but I still like to think of myself as being young at heart.  I enjoy a lot of the same TV, movies, books and music as today's teens, and now that my oldest son is officially a teen, I get to share those things with him.  I'm very happy for Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, and Glee for getting all their awards - I'm huge fans of all of them :)  And my daughter is a big fan of Taylor Swift ( in fact, she has tickets to go see her in concert next week, which she received as a birthday present) So we were excited for her big wins last night too.

Here's a few fav pics from last night that I found on the web :)






Glee 2011 Teen Choice Awards



Congrats to all the winners :)

1 comment: